|Undergraduate students||15 books|
|Graduate students||30 books|
|Faculty members||60 books|
*The numbers above are the total number of materials can be reserved from the Central Library, each Campus Library (Takata, Toyama, Science and Engineering and Tokorozawa), Theatre Museum Library, and Student Reading Rooms (Political Science and Economics, Law, Commerce & International Liberal Studies, Social Sciences, Japanese Language).
Who can place holds?
- Any library user who has borrowing privileges for the materials in question.
- Library card (Green/ Blue) holders need to register password at the library desk.
- You cannot place holds if your borrowing privileges have been suspended.
Placing a hold
- Click the "Request" button on the detailed search results page on WINE.
- Enter your user ID and password on the verification page.
- The Requesting page will appear. In the case if there is only one item that can be held, click the "REQUEST SELECTED ITEM" button. Otherwise, check the "MARK" checkboxes beside the items you want to hold and click the "REQUEST SELECTED ITEM" button.
- Check whether the procedure has correctly accepted on the View Your Records page.
- Please avoid placing holds during system maintenance, which is run for about 30 minutes every night starting at 2 a.m.
How to check the availability of the reserved book
- Notification e-mail: You will be sent an e-mail (in Japanese) to your personal e-mail address when a reserved book has been returned and became available for pickup. (The subject line is gInformation from the Libraryh.)
- View Your Records: You can check the bookfs status by yourself at the View Your Records page in WINE. When the status is "Ready. Must pick up by YY-MM-DD", the reserved book is available for you.
- WINE: In WINE, "ON HOLDSHELF" will also appear in the status box of the detailed search results page.
Borrowing a requested book
- Ask for the book at the owning libraryfs circulation desk and complete the normal borrowing procedures.
- Books are held for one week after being returned. (There are some exceptions.) Holds will be canceled after one week.
Canceling a hold
- When the requested book would be unnecessary, please cancel holds from the View Your Records page.
- A hold may be canceled if the reserved book has not been returned for more than six months after the hold was made.