User Instructions for Databases,
Electronic Journals, etc.
- The copyright for all databases, online journals, etc. and their contents,
accessible from the Waseda University Libraries webpage and other links,
are inherent to their authors and/or service providers and protected by the copyright laws of Japan as well as the international treaty on copyrighted materials.
- Access to such services is limited to the faculty, staff, and students of Waseda University, unless specified otherwise.
- Users have the responsibility for adhering to the set regulations, terms,
and conditions for making use of each service.
All users are requested to refer to the contents of the User Regulations,
Terms and Conditions, and User Agreement, etc., before accessing to such data.
- Users may download and/or print out the contents for individual research purposes,
provided that the information is essential for appropriate purposes.
This rule does not apply to specifically prohibited or limited cases.
- Users are strictly prohibited to download data through automatic programming, etc. Moreover, downloading a large volume of data in short period of time by hand and/or systematic downloading of specified journals may also be considered as 'inappropriate.'
- Users must not violate the copyright of individual service providers by duplicating,
distributing, revising, and editing the contents of the available data for purposes other than personal study/reference,
without obtaining their approval in advance.
- Any serious breach of these requirements will result in the online service(s) being interrupted not only for the individual but for the whole university system.
Users should be fully aware of this and exercise due responsibility in accessing to the available online sources.
In case such trespassing causes damage to the university or the service provider involved,
the Waseda University Libraries will ask the transgressor to compensate for the damages,
contact the individual's home department, and/or take appropriate measures for the action.
Waseda University Library