Visiting non-Waseda Libraries (For Waseda users only)

If the books and other materials you wish to use are not available at the Waseda University Library, you may visit libraries at other universities and research institutes to browse collections. First, please check usage terms and conditions at the library you wish to visit through the university’s website, etc. You may be required to present personal or student ID, or contact the library before visiting.

Using university libraries with cooperative agreements with Waseda University

Students, faculty and staff are permitted to use libraries of schools with cooperative agreements with Waseda University Library (Keio University, Doshisha University, Hitotsubashi University and Kansai University) using student/faculty/staff ID.

A Letter of Introduction

When visiting a library that is not open to the general public, a letter of introduction from the university you attend may be required. Please submit an application after consulting with the Reference Desk. Online requests are also accepted.
Where to go? Reference Desks at Central Library, Science and Engineering Library, and Tokorozawa Library
Who can use this service?
  • Students, faculty, staff
  • Library card (Green) holders

Please note:
  • In principle, requests are sent to other libraries by fax, which includes the name(s) of books and other materials, name of the person wishing to use the library’s services, and the desired day to visit. A letter of introduction is issued after a response is received regarding your visit. Therefore, when applying, please be flexible on dates that you wish to visit libraries outside the university.
  • When using non-Waseda libraries, please make sure to bring personal identification (student/faculty/staff ID) with you together with the letter of introduction.